Great success of "Madame Châtelet" for the European Researchers Night in Cosmocaixa
- News 17 October 2019 583 hits
During the European Researchers' Night celebrated on Friday, 27 September 2019 in Cosmocaixa Barcelona (Nit Jove de la Recerca), the representation of the dramatised lecture "Madame Châtelet and her Instagram Followers" was held (twice!) with a great amount of people in the audience! We could expland the knowledge of great women scientists to all those who came to see the Châtelet team in action!
"Madame Châtelet and her Instagram followers" is a project that was born to celebrate the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (11F) in 2017, like a small idea of a group of women at the ICMAB. They chose the women scientists, they wrote the dialogues, chose the images for the show and the dresses to wear, and contacted some schools to represent it.
Now, after more than two years later, the Châtelet team is formed by more than 15 women, they have done the play more than 15 times in these three years, and they have presented the project in Science Communication and Women in Science conferences.
This year the project has grown due to the grant "Cuenta la Ciencia" from the Fundación General CSIC (FGCSIC) that allowed the team to create a website (projects.icmab.es/madamechatelet/), to receive training and to create a promotional video (soon available). Moreover, as the team got more know, more requests from schools, libraries and other centers, arrived.
The group's Instagram account (@madamechatelet) is also growing in the number of followers (now 133!).
The two shows performed at Cosmocaixa during the European Researchers' Night were a great success. The room (Sala Àgora) wes full both times and some great applauses were received from the audience!
Representation at Cosmocaixa
Acknowledgements from the Châtelet team:
- We would like to thank everyone forming the Châtelet team, for their enthusiasm and collaboration with the project!
- We would also like to thank JAGS (José Antonio Gómez) for the design of the website, logo, poster and for our unique folders.
- We would also like to thank Santi Monreal for helping us to be a little bit more professional.
- Finally, we would like to thank the Gender Equality Committe of the ICMAB, and the ICMAB Direction and Staff for their support.