ICMAB is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and organized person to be ICMAB’s Nurturing Talent Officer
. The successful candidate will be responsible of the Talent Attraction and Retention, and the Career Development Programmes for ICMAB researchers. In addition to that, the officer will assist the head of International Projects in the management of all tasks related to our recently granted Marie Curie Skłodowska Curie COFUND Programme, DOCFAM+, with 26 fellows.
The tasks of the Officer include but are not restricted to, the following. We celebrate creative, proactive and dynamic people, and we are always open to new ideas.
Talent Attraction, Nurturing and Career Development
- Designing and expanding training, skill and career development programs based on the needs of the organization oriented to PhDs and post-doctoral researchers
- Lead the welcome plan for new staff and the Career Development Plans for researchers.
- Recruitment of personnel: HHRR Grants search, launch of job offers, assist PIs in the interviews, attendance to career fairs and events.
- Reports of personnel to the Direction Team. Identify improvement aspects in the Talent attraction and retention: Define strategies to attract and retain the best researchers.
Management of the MSCA-COFUND doctoral programme DOCFAM+:
- Launch of the call for recruiting Fellows: communication (events, infodays, publicity campaign), preparation of necessary documents (guides for applicants, info packages, FAQs, guides for evaluators…), eligibility check and coordination of the external evaluation process and interviews.
- Support Fellows in the implementation of their projects and follow-up. Coordination of the training programme development: workshops, industry days, interdisciplinary trainings…
- Project Communication, in collaboration with ICMAB’s Communication Department: Website, social media, events, follow-up of fellows’ communication activities.
- Management of the project: Monitoring, deliverables, technical and financial reports, communication with the Project Officer of the European Commission
- Proven experience as Talent officer (recruitment and talent development tasks), mainly in an academic scientific environment.
- Experience in the HR unit in research or scientific organization will be a plus.
- University degree or Master/Postgraduate in Human Resources preferably (although other degrees will be considered)
- Full command (advanced level) of English, Spanish and any other European languages.
- Practical experience in different aspects of the training & development: induction; performance appraisal; building effective teams, coaching; training events organisation etc. is desirable.
- Knowledge in the use of social media and job boards/events is desirable.
What we offer
- Indefinite contract (with 6 months probationary period) with funding secured for more than 5 years and possibilities to become permanent contract.
- Full-time position
- Salary according to qualifications and experience following CSIC rules.
- Balance of work and personal life: Partial remote working, flexible timetable, 22 days of holidays plus 6/7 days for personal issues.
- ICMAB is one of the top research institutions in Spain (Severo Ochoa seal of excellence) with an excellent environment between workers.
- ICMAB is located in the UAB Campus, with: cycle lanes to nearby towns and cycle parking, public transportation to Barcelona and nearby cities and car parking spots; green areas (also ICMAB has a nice terrace); broad offer of cafeterias and canteens; Gym installations with discounts for UAB campus people, etc.
- Career development: great offer of training opportunities and individual plan + follow-up with supervisor.
- Incorporation: Immediate
How to apply
- Detailed CV, including a list of references with contact details
- Cover letter (max 300-400 words) with: self introduction, experience related to the job offer details, your goals in this position.
E-mail subject: Talent Officer ICMAB – ‘your name'
Closing date: 10 October 2022 (or until a suitable candidate is found)
The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a multidisciplinary research center focused on cutting-edge research in functional advanced materials in the fields of ENERGY, ELECTRONICS, NANOMEDICINE and application fields yet to imagine.
The ICMAB became a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in 2016, becoming one of the top research centers in Spain in Materials Science, and renewed the seal of excellence in 2020. One of the general objectives of the FUNFUTURE Severo Ochoa project is: Improving the training and recruiting activities of ICMAB to attract the best talent. In order to achieve that, a Talent Development Officer is required.
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity. We actively celebrate colleagues’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.